As a consequence of Covid-19 and the resulting, ongoing economic impact being felt by businesses across the country, here at the Rural Business Awards we have made the tough but necessary decision to re-organise the structure of this year’s awards programme.
Firstly, to allow businesses further time to submit an entry in these unprecedented times, we are extending the entry deadline for the 2020/21 Rural Business Awards until Friday 16th October 2020. This is not a decision that we have taken lightly but we have made it in recognition that entering the RBAs is, quite rightly, not at the top of many businesses’ to do lists at the present time. However, we hope that in the coming five months businesses will have started a recovery and that stories of determination, triumph over adversity and even tales of success will begin to emerge – all the things that are at the core of the Rural Business Awards and we will be ready to celebrate these strengths and many more.
As a result of extending the entry deadline and also the uncertainty over when larger gatherings will be safe to hold, we have decided that we will NOT be holding any regional awards presentations in October and November this year as we would normally.
Our focus will be The National Final Awards Ceremony at the end of February 2021 which will also incorporate a regional element. Of course this event will continue to be under review in line with the changing situation, but we very much hope that the National Final can be a beacon of light in these dark times, something to look forward to, and we are planning a celebration of rural business like we have never seen before!
So, what does this mean for anyone entering the 2020/21 Rural Business Awards?
- The deadline for submitting an entry is now Friday 16th October 2020.
- All entries from across the country in a category will be judged together (not by region as in previous years).
- A shortlist of National Finalists from across the country will be announced on our website and social media on Monday 16th November 2020. This shortlist will be compiled from all 2020/21 entries and will be decided by our judges.
- In early December 2020, our judges will review each National Finalist’s entry in depth to decide our national winners and runners up. These results will be kept secret until the announcements at our National Final Awards Ceremony.
- The National Final Awards Ceremony will be held on Thursday 25th February 2021.
Like so many of you, we are also a small rural business having to adapt in these challenging times and great uncertainty, but we strongly believe that, as a sector, we can get through this and that there will be so many stories to celebrate when we get together again at our National Final next year.