This award will celebrate innovative food businesses, brands or products, that are leading the way and pushing the boundaries of what being a ‘traditional’ British producer, supplier or retailer means. With a commitment to promoting ‘The Best of British’, using sustainable quality ingredients and skills based approaches to production as well as developing a commercially successful business, this award will highlight some of the innovative up and coming stars of the rural food sector as well as those who continue to make traditional produce into sustainable business. The winning business will be able to clearly demonstrate the following:
• A well articulated business strategy
• Strong business ethics and financial competency
• The achievement of the aims and objectives
• A clear understanding of the market and customers to whom the business is selling
• That where possible they use local or sustainably sourced ingredients and/or produce
• Uniqueness in offering – what sets the business apart from the competition
• Availability for sale in the UK
• A platform for continued commercial success
• Customer and staff engagement
• Effective leadership, operation and management
Category Sponsored by
We are proud that NFU Mutual are once again joining us as sponsors of the Best Rural Food Business.
Our judges had a difficult task in early November when they had to judge all our 2020/21 entries to find the top 6 businesses in each category. We had so many fantastic entries, but the judges have decided on the businesses below to be named this year’s National Finalists.
Our National Finalists will now be judged once more before the winner and runner up in their category will be announced on Thursday 25th February 2021 at our online National Final.
Best Rural Food Business Finalists
Launde Farm Foods
St Ewe Free Range Eggs
The Blaenafon Cheddar Company Ltd
Best Rural Social Enterprise, Charity or Community Project