Rural Britain offers a vast range of sporting and other recreational opportunities. This award aims to celebrate businesses with a keen sense of seeking to educate and encourage people from diverse backgrounds to get involved and enjoy the countryside and its outdoor pursuits. Credit will be given to businesses that are successful not only in terms of the contribution they make to the rural economy and people, but are also entrenched in the rural way of life and display a clear passion for the countryside. The winning business will be able to clearly demonstrate the following:
• Strong business ethics and financial competency
• A sustainable business strategy
• A clear understanding of the market and customers to whom the business is selling
• That consideration has been given to educating and enabling people from diverse backgrounds and walks of life to take part and experience the countryside and the sporting and recreational pastimes it presents
• Uniqueness in offering – what sets the business apart from the competition
• Links with local communities and businesses for the benefit of all.
Best Rural Social Enterprise, Charity or Community Project
Our judges had a difficult task in early November when they had to judge all our 2020/21 entries to find the top 6 businesses in each category. We had so many fantastic entries, but the judges have decided on the businesses below to be named this year’s National Finalists.
Our National Finalists will now be judged once more before the winner and runner up in their category will be announced on Thursday 25th February 2021 at our online National Final.
Best Rural Recreational or Outdoor Pursuits Business Finalists
Adventure Tours UK
Newlands Adventure Centre & Keswick Climbing Wall
The Rugged Outdoors