This category covers entrants from both online and traditional retailers. Credit will be given to businesses who are championing a rural theme or who are basing their businesses in a rural location. We will consider the contribution the business has made to the rural economy. The winners will represent the country’s finest rural retail businesses. The winning business will be able to clearly demonstrate the following:
• Strong business ethics and financial competency
• A sustainable business strategy
• A clear understanding of the market and customers to whom the business is selling
• How their rural location or rural theme positively impacts their business
• Uniqueness in offering – what sets the business apart from the competition
• Links with local communities and businesses for the benefit of all
Best Rural Social Enterprise, Charity or Community Project
Our judges had a difficult task in early November when they had to judge all our 2020/21 entries to find the top 6 businesses in each category. We had so many fantastic entries, but the judges have decided on the businesses below to be named this year’s National Finalists.
Our National Finalists will now be judged once more before the winner and runner up in their category will be announced on Thursday 25th February 2021 at our online National Final.
Best Rural Retail Business Finalists
Mackenzies Farm Shop and Smokehouse
Newbridge Tack and Feeds
Tiny Box Company