This award celebrates new businesses and will recognise those that show the journey that they have taken towards establishing a business that is excelling in its chosen market. This will be demonstrated by sharing with us a clear strategy, with an understanding of the marketplace as well as targets that have been met or exceeded in relation to growth and financial performance. The winning business will have created the foundations for continued commercial success. This award will go to the company that best demonstrates the following:
• A well articulated strategy for growth.
• Strong business ethics and financial competency.
• Achievement of the aims and objectives identified upon start up.
• Potential for sustained growth.
• A clear understanding of the market and customers to whom the business is selling.
• An Innovative or entrepreneurial approach to business.
• Customer and staff engagement.
• Effective leadership, operation and management.
This award is open to any UK organisation that began trading after 1st November 2016.
Best Rural Social Enterprise, Charity or Community Project
Our judges had a difficult task in early November when they had to judge all our 2020/21 entries to find the top 6 businesses in each category. We had so many fantastic entries, but the judges have decided on the businesses below to be named this year’s National Finalists.
Our National Finalists will now be judged once more before the winner and runner up in their category will be announced on Thursday 25th February 2021 at our online National Final.
Best Rural Start Up Business Finalists
Accessible Holiday Escapes
Detling Community Store
Little Birds Forest Nurseries Ltd
The Saddle Bank