This award aims to celebrate a business that attracts visitors to our rural backwaters and heartlands. Projecting all that is wonderful about our rural tourism sector, we will rewards businesses that are truly outstanding and offer something a bit different or innovative. With rural values, philosophy and commitment to customer care the winning business will stand out as a flagship of excellence. The winning business will be able to clearly demonstrate the following:
• Strong business ethics and financial competency.
• Strategy for sustaining quality and continuous improvement.
• A clear understanding of the market and customers to whom the business is selling.
• That consideration has been given to addressing accessibility and inclusivity.
• That the business is sustainable has excellent green credentials and consideration has been given to environmental impact.
• Exceptional customer care and the willingness to go the extra mile for customers.
• Uniqueness in offering – what sets the business apart from the competition.
• Commitment to ongoing improvement both in terms of customer experience and staff satisfaction.
• Links with local communities and businesses for the benefit of all.
Best Rural Social Enterprise, Charity or Community Project
Our judges had a difficult task in early November when they had to judge all our 2020/21 entries to find the top 6 businesses in each category. We had so many fantastic entries, but the judges have decided on the businesses below to be named this year’s National Finalists.
Our National Finalists will now be judged once more before the winner and runner up in their category will be announced on Thursday 25th February 2021 at our online National Final.
Best Rural Tourism Business Finalists
The Hudnalls Hideout
The Roost Luxury Glamping
The Wensleydale Experience