About The RBAs
The Rural Business Awards were established in late 2014 by Jemma Clifford and Anna Price – two business owners who work in rural Leicestershire. The first Awards were presented in October 2015 and the RBAs are now entering their 5th year.
Directors & Co-Founders, Anna Price and Jemma Clifford
- To become the UK’s premier awards programme for rural businesses
- To acknowledge and celebrate the vital contributions made by companies to the development and success of the Rural sector and rural way of life
- To encourage entrepreneurial spirit in the Rural sector, and to give recognition to excellence in business set-up, operation and management
- To reward businesses who value their rural roots – who contribute to increased employment, better infrastructure and the training of young people to address the drain of people migrating from rural regions to cities.
- To raise awareness nationally of the impact that rural businesses have on the UK economy, communities and people.
- To contribute to the debate around the need to ensure rural locations are adequately ‘connected’ so that they are not disadvantaged by location – be that by broadband, transport, support services etc. which ensure rural communities can not only survive but can thrive.
- To bring rural businesses together to share their challenges, triumphs, best practices, innovations and ideas, to peer mentor each other and grow a rural business community
Our Award Categories are:
- Best Rural Start Up Business
- Best Rural Diversification Project
- Best Rural Retail Business
- Best Rural Professional Services Business
- Best Rural Creative, Artisan or Crafts Business
- Best Rural Digital, Communications or Media Business
- Rural Social Enterprise, Charity or Community Project of the Year
- Best Rural Tourism Business
- Best Rural Recreational or Outdoor Pursuits Business
- Best Rural Food or Drink Business
- Rural Young Person of the Year
Twittering, Tweeting, Posting & Socialising – Follow Us
Attend a Ceremony
Our blogs, latest information & press releases.