Innovation comes in many forms; from new products, processes and services to new ways of approaching old problems, or developing new business cultures, models and networks. This award celebrates the innovations that have had the greatest impact. Judges will look for evidence of how the innovation has been developed and applied to improve the lives of those living or working in rural locations (for example in pioneering creative responses to the challenges and opportunities surrounding an ageing population, clean growth, mobility of people, goods and services, and the new data economy), while improving businesses’ commercial performance, operational effectiveness or customer engagement. This award will go to the company that can best demonstrate an innovation or innovative approach that has met one or more of the following criteria:
• Transformed or positively impacted rural communities, enterprise or wider industry
• Created competitive advantage
• Contributed to significant business growth and improved overall financial performance.
• Achieved significant improvements in operational excellence.
• Enabled the delivery of new ethical or sustainable practices.
• Helped staff deliver better customer service.
• Increased market share or customer loyalty.
Category Sponsored by
We are proud that NICRE (National Innovation Centre for Rural Enterprise) are our sponsor for the Best Rural Innovation category.
Our judges had a difficult task in early November when they had to judge all our 2020/21 entries to find the top 6 businesses in each category. We had so many fantastic entries, but the judges have decided on the businesses below to be named this year’s National Finalists.
Our National Finalists will now be judged once more before the winner and runner up in their category will be announced on Thursday 25th February 2021 at our online National Final.
Best Rural Innovation Finalists
Easy Animal Ltd
PM Training and Assessing Ltd
The Ladies Working Dog Group
Rhondda Cynon Taff
Wanderlust Self Drive Tours
Best Rural Social Enterprise, Charity or Community Project